- Infradox XS version updates
- Building custom thumbnail templates
- Preview page User actions
- Creating custom filters linked to specific API's
- Infradox XS caching
- Job server
- Infradox XS functions, tags and conditions
- Creating custom pagination templates
- Creating a search dialog
- Creating a custom dialog
- Custom gallery root page
- You can now create your own custom thumbnail templates for each view style (grid, list, mini, large and flow) in the code editor. For further information, read the article Building custom thumbnail templates.
- The script object used on thumbnail pages is now also available in the code editor.
- We have updated the thumbnail "flow" view style (for search results and galleries). This view now uses a masonry style layout. It currently only supports mouse overs for buttons and it is therefore probably best used in combination with modal previews. You can configure this view style for your specific needs via Site configuration, Thumbnail pages, Page layout. You can change the thumbnail template for this view with the code editor as described above. There's an example for flow style thumbnails without buttons (flow_thumbnail_1), and there's one with a button bar that appears when you hover over a thumbnail (flow_thumbnail_2).
Screenshot of search results with the new Flow layout
Custom pagination bars
You can now completely customize the pagination bars that are displayed at the top and bottom of the thumbnail pages. You can read more about this in the article Creating custom pagination bars.
Example of custom pagination bar with page numbers as links
Creating a search dialog and custom dialogs
You can now create a modal search dialog with the code editor. To find out more, read the article Creating a search dialog. See the below screen shot for an example. You can also add other custom dialogs. This is described in the article Creating a custom dialog.
Screen shot of search dialog example
Custom gallery root page
You can now create a custom version of the gallery root page. More information can be found in the article Custom gallery root page.
Custom fields for the cart, order and invoices
- We have added 3 custom text fields that you can add to the cart page. You can configure these fields via Site configuration > Cart page > Cart page settings. If you enable a field it will appear (with your label) at the bottom of the cart page - above the Save/Next buttons.
You can specify whether or not a field is required, what the minimum input length is and if you want to copy the input to the invoice - which also has 3 custom fields added.
- If you want to print one or more of the custom fields on your invoices, then go to Site configuration > Invoice settings, and check the boxes for the fields that you want to print.
- The settings for new content that you can configure for each supplier, can now be taken from the group in which the supplier exists. Before, the group only provided defaults for new suppliers.
- You can now create metadata import field mappings for each supplier group.
- Group data field mappings are now used for both http uploads and bulk (FTP) uploads (also see the paragraph about the HTTP uploader below).
- Text entered in the supplier's properties and/or group properties dialogs is now displayed on preview pages, carts and orders. Also see the below paragraph about the code editor.
Creating field mappings for a supplier group
Preview page User actions
- When viewing a preview page (or modal preview), you can select "User actions" in the admin toolbar to add the file to any user's lightbox or cart - or to create an order for any user. This function also lets you add new user accounts on the fly. You can find more information here: Preview page User action. This function has also been added to the quote requests management page.
User actions in the toolbar, file menu when on the preview page
Caching / API broker middleware
We recommend that you read Infradox XS Caching for a better understanding of Infradox XS caching and its caveats.
- When you retrieve the metadata for a page of thumbnails, the metadata for the next page is automatically being retrieved with a background thread. This means that when you retrieve the next page of thumbnails, it will display quicker as the metadata for the files is already in the cache.
- Updating the cache after a file update, delete or insert has improved.
- Storing metadata to the cache after retrieving it from the API's is now asynchronous, this improves page loading speed.
- You can now view the API broker cache info via Site configuration, Data services. And you can clear the API broker cache.
- * You can now enter keywords that you want to use to pre-cache metadata, which helps to improve page loading speeds for thumbnaills from popular searches and/or galleries. Background searches are periodically (e.g. hourly) executed for each of the keywords, and the first block of metadata required to build thumbnail pages will be pre cached - if not cached already.
- * The metadata for files in the 500 newest galleries is now periodically pre-cached - if not cached already.
- * The full metada required to display preview pages (or modal preview windows) is pre-cached for every thumbnail page that is being retrieved.
* If your website is on a shared web server, these functions may not be enabled to reduce server load.
Caching / Databroker cache server
- The Databroker cache server now processes put requests asynchronously, i.e. the website doesn't have to wait for a response when storing new strings or database results in the cache - which minimises the chance that there are requests waiting for other requests to finish.
- Garbage collect procedures are now threaded.
- You can now have the preview version of a single file created again by clicking "Regenerate preview" in the toolbar on the preview page (or modal preview window).
- You can now add all the files in your batch to the preview creation queue by clicking "Regenerate previews" at the top of the batch dialog.
- If your website searches multiple API's, you can now create custom filters that specify the API index (number). This allows you to exclude specific API's from being used in search requests. By default, are API's are used. More about this can be found in the article about Custom filters.
- You can now add "on=1" to a custom filter to make it selected by default.
Add to cart buttons for RF files on the preview pages
- The size/price table now shows a "Add to cart" button so that the RF file can be added to the cart in the required size as opposed to having to choose a size later. If you don't want this button to appear then add CSS to hide the container div "rffiletocart". The button class is "addcartbutton". You can style it by adding CSS for it in the code editor. If not, it will appear as a simple link.
Filters for Latest files
By default, any active filters are cleared when a user clicks "latest files". You can now choose between the following options (Site configuration, Search settings, Ranking Ordering & Latest)
- Clear all filters (which is the default)
- Apply default filters - this makes filters that you have configured to be on by default (see above) active.
- Keep the user's current filters.
Filters for new sessions
You can now configure which filters should be active when a new session is created - i.e. when someone visits your website for the first time, or when someone returns to your website after his/her session expired.
- Keep the last used filters (as stored in the user's cookie after a previous visit)
- Clear all filters
- Apply the filters that marked as default (see above)
- You can now exclude API's from being used for searching when a subdomain is active.
- You can now select additional options for the properties that are used in the HTTP uploader pages (both the admin and the contributor version of this page). For example, you can hide the property RM/RF and automatically apply the value that is configured for the supplier (or the supplier group). These settings can be found here: Site configuration > Submission settings.
- You can now select and change the order of fields for the HTTP uploader with a button in the metadata repository toolbar.
- Property WFS (short for Workflow Source) is added to the file properties if a file is uploaded with the HTTP uploader. Property value 1 is used if a file is uploaded with the Contributor uploader, 2 is used for files uploaded with the Admin uploader.
- If you upload files with the Admin uploader that are marked as "Not searchable", then a confirmation message will be displayed to prevent files from being uploaded as hidden files unintentionally.
- You can now disable extraction of IPTC from uploaded files for the Contributor HTTP uploader and the Admin HTTP uploader. Site configuration > Submission settings
- If you enter field descriptions in the Metadata repository, these will appear in the HTTP uploaders. Behind the field label a question mark will show. Hover over it to see the "hint" - field description.
- You can now click on a thumbnail for a larger view of a file.
The admin HTTP uploader now requires you to select a supplier before you can upload files
Order management pages
- The order management (list) page now shows how many RF, how many RM and how many Video files each order has.
- The administrator's order page has been rewritten to work better with large orders
- The top of the order page has buttons to filter for specific order details (e.g. show only blocked details, only RF, only RM and so on).
- You can now click on the supplier button to display the properties (e.g. territories, restrictions etc) without having to open the file properties dialog.
Quote requests management
- The "User actions" is now available for each request, allowing to add the file to any user's lightbox or cart - or to create an order for any user. This function also lets you add new user accounts on the fly. You can find more information here: Preview page User action. This function has also been added to the preview pages toolbar.
- Datamatic has been changed to use either the group settings or the supplier settings for New content (see above)
- Datamatic has been changed to not override properties that are part of the uploader forms (e.g. RF/RM, hidden, etc) with the supplier or group settings, if a file is uploaded with the HTTP uploader. Note that is doesn't make a difference if the properties are hidden or not.
- A standard export job for stockindexonline has been added. For more info, read the article "Job server".
- The fields that are configured as "credit name field" and "content reference field" are now hightlighted in the overview, property and sorting dialogs.
- You can now separately select which fields you want to display on the cart and order pages, and you can change the order of display.
- The metadata repository overview uses icons to indicate where and when a field is used (e.g. preview pages, cart/order pages, edit dialogs and so on).
Metadata fields on preview, cart/order pages and the http uploader
- The metadata fields for preview, order, cart and uploader pages are now preparsed and then cached. This results in a quicker user experience because unused fields are removed beforehand, and the used fields are put in the configured order of display on the server (as opposed to using script and or css in the user's browser).
- You can now display metadata fields on the cart and order pages that weren't available previously, e.g. the keywords field.
- Because of the above change, fields are always displayed in the configured order of display. You no longer need to enable this option separately. Therefore the setting is removed from
Preview page > General settings
Cart page > Cart page settings
Download page > Download page settings
- We have added a separate field for bank account/IBAN number to the user properties dialog (finance tabsheet).
Infradox XS Webserver
- To reduce the footprint of the website API software (that runs your website), we have developed a new separate server application. We are moving code from the website API software to this new server application in the upcoming versions.
- New constants were added to constants-contributor.txt. If you have a custom version of this file, please add:
cContactsuccess=Your message was sent, thank you!
- New constants were added to constants-uploader.txt. If you have a custom version of this file, please add:
cHashidden=You are submitting files that will be hidden. Continue?
cStillallowed=You can still submit a maximum of [stillallowed] file(s)
cOtherlibs=Submitted to other libraries
- You can now use the variable xst to find out what the active template/page is. Each page now has a xst id. You can find a list of the id's and how to use them here: Infradox XS functions, tags and conditions.
- Fixed a problem with sending job server notification e-mails.
- Fixed a problem with the code editor that caused errors when trying to save templates with incorrect syntax or unknown tags.
- If a file had an active restriction/reservation for which no territories were selected and "block delivery" was not selected, the file still displayed the message "not available in your territory". This has been fixed.
- The date control didn't always show the correct date in backoffice. This has been fixed.
- Spaces were removed from the login when retrieved from the user's cookies.
- Diacritical characters (accents) didn't display properly in tag clouds.
- The HTTP uploader stored the value "NaN" in the series order field. This only happened if you have the "series" option enabled and no series was selected.
- On some servers, the refine contributor function didn't work if the photographer name had a plus (+) in it. Spaces are now replaced with dashes to prevent this problem.
- Fixed a problem with the "Contact contributor" e-mail function (on contributor profile pages).
- The batch update function didn't correctly update the RF/RM property under certain conditions. This has been fixed.
- Reportbroker has been updated to fix problems with accents/diacritical characters (in PDF's)
- IPTC DB Agent has been updated for better support of accents/diacritical characters when processing metadata
- Fixed a bug in Datamatic that applied the filter code for "color" erroneously.
- On the supplier upload page, the FTP dialog displayed the same instruction twice. This is fixed.
- Fixed a password problem for FTP accounts created from the supplier upload pages.
- Fixed a problem with the test function of the price calculator. Changes didn't always show because of caching. This is solved.
- Since 27.5 some functions displayed the message "undefined" after saving settings in the price calculator - although the changes were normally saved. This has been fixed.
- Infradox Datamatic 126.96.36.199
- Infradox Remote Data broker 188.8.131.52
- Infradox Data broker server 184.108.40.206
- Infradox User Management server 220.127.116.11
- Infradox Suggestions server 18.104.22.168
- Infradox Set Searching server 22.214.171.124
- Infradox Report Broker 126.96.36.199
- Infradox API Broker 188.8.131.52
- Infradox API Cache server 184.108.40.206
- Infradox API Cache Queue server (new) 220.127.116.11
- Infradox XS Web (new) 18.104.22.168
- Infradox XSISPA 22.214.171.124
- Infradox Website API dll 10.0.0.458
- Infradox Database Agent 126.96.36.199
- Infradox IPTC DBAgent 188.8.131.52
- Infradox DTS 184.108.40.206
- Infradox Full Text Search 220.127.116.11